James and the Giant Penis

William Shatner as Star Trek's Captain Kirk holding a vaguely penis-shaped prop rock.

A reader sent this image in to Queerty after they ran a post about William Shatner’s autobiography where he recounts the tale of his first time in (1950s) New York, following his dream of being an actor, and he’s invited to a show at Radio City Music Hall by a complete stranger and of course ❓ he accepts…

We’re in the audience, I’m a young hot-blooded Canadian and out come the dancing girls, a plethora of women – and I feel his hand brush my knee. I thought, well, it’s an accident, then I felt it again. What the [bleep]? I got up and ran out.

From a more snarky viewpoint, it looks like Shatner finally got to hold the physical representation of his ego. If only he knew then that later wearing of eyeshadow, foundation and girdles would make him a tv/sci-fi legend… I’m not saying Shatner’s a homophobe at all, but I can’t help but think the story sounds too much like the Tucker Carlson tale of being hit on in a bar restroom.

Also, my geekness is totally letting me down. Anyone recall what episode this shot is from? William, I’m looking in your direction…

You may also like...

8 Responses

1. Joe says:

Umm… Episode 1: The Man Trap

:mrgreen:

2. William Mize says:

As I see veteran character actor Ted Cassidy (remember Lurch in the “Addams Family”?) in the background, dollars will get you donuts that it’s “What Are Little Girls Made Of?” episode.

3. Brian says:

That’s it Bill. Love that futuristic sense of style, and that Nurse Chapel has messed up taste in men.

Joe, the Man Trap is the one with the salt creature that I frequently compare myself to when I have a bag of Lays potato chips in front of me. And it shows that Dr. McCoy has messed up taste in women.

4. Sean says:

I find it hard to believe that Dr. McCoy had any taste in *women* at all.

5. Joe says:

Yes, it was a joke.

6. Brian says:

See Joe honey… you just got messed up taste. 😛

7. Therese says:

I made one of my “StarTreKomics” based on this scene from ‘What are Little Girls Made of?” Here’s the link, enjoy! -Therese Bohn

8. Rickey Fitts says:

That would be season 1, episode 8, What Are Little Girls Made Of. I just about split a gut and did a search, and there is your site! Cheers.