Out/Spoken 2018, June 21 @ 9:30 Club
Story District, Washington’s original, true-storytelling group (named the “Gold Standard” by The Washington Post) will present Out/Spoken in honor of Pride. LGBTQ storytellers will share true stories that will make you laugh, cry, and feel inspired Thursday, June 21st, 8pm at 9:30 Club. (Tickets: $25, Doors open at 7pm)
See you June 21 at the @930Club!
— Story District (@StoryDistrict) April 27, 2018
- Molly Graham, At 13, Molly’s world changes after her mother comes out.
- Rayceen Pendarvis, After being eavesdropped on, Rayceen is forced to come out to his whole family.
- Philip Reeves, Phillip leaves everything he knows behind, to escape the grip of his family’s cult-like, conservative beliefs.
- Sherwet Witherington, Coming out as Bi, Sherwet faces being shunned by her mother.
- Rebecca Buckwalter Poza, Rebecca deals with losing on the bond she had with her grandmother after coming out.
- Jennifer Montooth, Jennifer deals with her self-image as her twin sister begins to explore a new broader non-binary identity.
- Phill Branch, Phill has a wardrobe malfunction and hair disaster at prom, as he tries to become something other than who he is.
Out/Spoken is a seated show and will have ASL interpreters.